Friday, August 29, 2008

Princess Bubble
What is your idea of "happily ever after?" That is the concept that I struggle with when reading fairy tales to my daughters. I try to convey to them that BEFORE I met their father and got married I was living "happily ever after." He was just icing on the (wedding) cake. I tell them, they can find fulfilling lives of travel, careers and good friends without or before marriage. What do these ramblings have to do with this blog?

Well, there is a book that I just discovered written by two Spirited Women - Susan Johnston and Kimberly Webb - and it is titled Princess Bubble. Princess Bubble has a career with an airline, travels the world, owns her own home and has lots of great friends and family. One day she is called to meet with the Queen who puts pressure on her to marry (because all of her friends are!). So she signs up for Royal on-line dating (which is very clever) but after going on date after date she realizes that she is already happy. Her fairy godmother appears with an empowering message for Princess Bubble - "you do not have to be rescued!" True happiness is about helping others and making a difference in the world.

To learn more about the book, meet the authors and find out where to purchase it, log on to http://www.princessbubble.com and become enchanted!

- Kristin Flannery

No comments: