Friday, February 29, 2008

I am listening to an audio book, Snow Flower and The Secret Fan, on my commute to work. This book goes into details on how Asian girls bind their feet. I could not even listen to all the details. The girls toes are broken and I can not tell you what all else because turned the volume down during this torture. While silent in the car waiting on the book to skip ahead, I wondered, "Why did men find this attractive? Could these girls even walk?" I remembered the plump women sprawled out in art from past eras. And learning how these larger women were seen as beautiful and must have been wealthy to even be plus size. Who decided what beauty looks like? And are men this easily dictated to by society?

We both are at fault and/or ignorant. Men for wanting what society decides in beautiful. And women for actually enduring pain and damaging our health to be the type of beauty our society recognizes as beauty.

Will we ever be able to see beauty the way God sees beauty from the inside out? And why do we believe what society tells us is beautiful vs. what the creator of all beauty assures us is beautiful?
Have a beautiful day!

www.PrincessBubble.com

No comments: