Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Does Mommy Love It? YES!
Princess Bubble
By Mommy Zabs on September 30th, 2008

We all know the main elements of a fairy tale. First, we have the beautiful damsel in distress, then a handsome prince charming who rescues her, and finally, the life happily ever after. Perhaps there was no beautiful princess in distress, then would there still be a fairy tale? What does “happily ever after” really mean?

In the book, Princess Bubble by Susan Johnston and Kimberly Webb, the fairy-tale is modernized. Not only is the princess not in distress, but also learns to find happiness within her own self. She no longer sits and waits for Prince Charming, but realizes that he’s not the only key to happily ever after. An article in the Tennessean writes, “Princess Bubble is not anti-Prince Charming, but if anything, Princess Bubble is anti-damsel in distress.”

Growing up, I was told by my parents that I was smart, and I could do anything. The confidence to live a happy life is in my own heart and volition. Heck, if my Prince Charming came along, it was icing on the cake! By the way, he didn’t come along until my late 20’s, but I had lived a wonderful life prior to that

Adding to the new message for girls, the illustrations in Princess Bubble are colorfully vibrant. They are vivacious and bring to life the beauty of a princess who finds fulfillment in loving God, being kind to others and being comfortable with who she is already.

http://doesmommyloveit.com/2008/09/30/princess-bubble/

No comments: