Saturday, July 26, 2008

If I Produced The Bachelor TV Show...

When I am doing my VERY brief work I always have crazy ideas and if it is Saturday,like today, I actually have time to blog about them. Who has not tuned in for at least one of The Bachelor/Bachelorette show?

I know lots of people have watched,because these reality "stars"-I guess they are stars-go on to have a career based on their limited appearance on this show. Magazines buy their baby pictures, they host other shows, they become news anchors, run for office...

First, let me tell what I hate about the show. Then I will share my idea for a twist

"The Fantasy Suite" which glorifies one night stands with multiple people! Who knows what goes on behind close doors? But, we are lead to believe things are happening that are not for the cameras. Are the morals of our world crumbling so much that no one else thinks sleeping with 3 different guys you have known a few weeks and know you will never see at least 2 of them again-is not disgusting?

Now for my idea. (For example purposes I am using Bachelorette as the show) Have two bachelorettes. The two can be very much alike in they are both a size 0,young and beautiful. Or the two can be very different. Sporty/Girly, Funny/Serious, Career Oriented/M.R.S. degree, or the old North/South.

When you have two bachelors you add many,many twist. The girls do not know if the men are more into the other girl and playing them (like real life) The girls do not know who the other woman is eliminating because and a guy cut by one girl may stay on the show with another. (I have not worked out the details on how you would keep that a secret from the girls without the men letting on that someone is gone.) Then there is a likely hood that two women are at their own final rose ceremony with the same guy. Talk about the most dramatic rose ceremony ever. Or you end up with two different couples. If the girls are down to the last 4 with totally different men. Then you could move the women in together and let them discuss their choices and help the other choose...

I think this would be very interesting and add life to the show.

If you have not found your prince-check out www.findyourprince.com-this is not a dating site. This is a fairy tale about being happy single or married!

No comments: